Definition Tips for Media Professionals
few notes about high definition
- In general, hi def makeup is about less makeup more strategically
- Your effort and application time need to increase because the
technology is so discerning.
- Makeup routines need to be well thought out but not necessarily
- Each of you has had or will have a video session with me. Review
it and follow your regiment.
- No cutting corners. Last minute
makeup is a thing of the past.
- Take care of your skin. Use skincare with active ingredients
to refine and improve texture.
- Wrinkle filler and/or retexturizing face primer are two products
that will instantly soften lines and imperfections.
- A foundation brush ensures a more flawless finish.
to use concealer.
- Avoid heavy powdering, use just enough to diminish shine.
- Make sure eyebrows are makeup free.
- Avoid frosted eye shadow, neutral matte works best.
- Avoid heavy liner especially underneath. Try lining with medium
to deep neutral shadow and a small brush.
- Blush color is intensified by hi def.
- Choose subtle shades. Color is applied to the “ apple” of
the cheek, while neutral is used to contour.
- Avoid bright color.
- Avoid frosted lipstick.
- Avoid super glossy.
- Opt for subtle matte or creamy lipcolor.
- Men be aware of 5 o’clock shadow and nose,
ear and neck hair. It shows.
- Women need to keep brows groomed – no brow
- Tooth discoloration and dental work are much more
apparent in hi def.
- Ditto for roots if your hair is colored. A quick
fix: eye shadow or mascara or hair color sticks (available at sally
- Avoid obvious product like gels or formulas that
create excessive shine.